CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 10, 2011

25 Years Later...

I like to think of myself as a realist. I consider myself rational and sensible. I believe that I am an optimist but not a dreamer. Today marks 25 years of marriage for me, and I honestly never thought about where I might be at this stage in my life. The prospect of being 50 years old along with the realization of being married as long as I was single were two thoughts I chose to ignore. For the record, I feel much younger than 50. Also for the record, my children are the greatest result of my 25 years of marriage. They are way more impressive than anything I accomplished in my 25 years of single life! I recognize everyday how wonderfully blessed I have been to associate with the amazing people I call my children. When I became a parent I felt a weight of responsibility. I believed that it was my job to teach them, be an example to them and help them realize their potential. Now, they are doing all of those things for me. They are better, more diligent, faithful and inspiring than I will ever be. They teach me everyday by their example, courage and perspective. It is overwhelming to think about how far we have come. To Al, I say, "We have done OK!" And, on this day 25 years later. . . it is my remarkable children that I celebrate. I love them. They make my life complete!

0 comments:

Post a Comment