CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Anniversary




It has been 23 years. There have been ups and downs. There has been joy and sorrow. There have been pounds put on and wrinkles gained. There have been children born and loved ones lost. Through it all, there has been one constant . . . I have always had my partner by my side.

Al and I were married 23 years ago today - tenth month, tenth day, at ten o'clock. (We made it easy for him to remember.) We spent our dating months going to baseball games and fishing and hunting (yes, even I went hunting with Al before we were married) in the canyons. Now looking back, I have to admit that we are the perfect example that "the more things change, the more they stay the same." Our time is still spent going to games - now to watch the kids instead of Al; and there are always fishing and hunting trips - most of them involve the four boys. Life has not been perfect, but it has certainly been good.

We have been blessed with five great kids. We live in a wonderful neighborhood surrounded by genuinely good people. Our kids have found fabulous friends and have enjoyed many happy times. We are privileged to have grandparents close-by and extended family close to our hearts. There are days when I forget how blessed I am. But on those days I am always grateful that I don't have to face the challenges alone. I have Al.

2 comments:

Alison

Happy Anniversary you two! Wow, it seems hard to believe how much has happened. We love you and miss not being able to see you more!

SavvyGirl

Hey Joni & Al, I was thinking of you on 10.10 -- that was such a fun day. I love the hunting photo of the 4 -- that is a classic shot.

The girls and I are on the countdown for your arrival -- they are already making plans of what we are going to do. Can't wait to see you. Love ya.

Post a Comment