CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Finally Fall





Ironically, while I hate the cold of winter, I love the change of seasons. Fall, in particular, is one of my favorite times of the year. Last Wednesday it rained most of the day in the valley and snowed in the mountains for the first time this season. Thursday was the beginning of the UEA break and Easton headed up to Brighton to try out the early snow. I spent the day cutting down flowers and clearing out the garden.




Sometimes I think I would love to have a big, old farm house with acres of yard and garden to care for. Like most other things that I try, I don't know anything about gardening. But, for some reason I think I would love planting, caring for and harvesting fruits, vegetables and herbs. I suppose it is the 'Martha Stewart' side of me that thinks I could make something beautiful out of nothing. As it is, however, Teagan, Kali, and I 'harvested' our meager pumpkin crop in a matter of minutes.



It didn't take long to figure out that our mini pumpkins could serve a variety of purposes. Pumpkin football quickly became the favorite as the kids passed, hiked and caught the pumpkin and ran for a T.D. (No spiking the ball, though!)

I, personally, find the greatest satisfaction in spending the day in the crisp autumn air. I love digging in the dirt and clearing out the now overgrown plants of the summer. I thrive on the clean look of a newly raked flower bed and the neatly organized view of a recently mowed lawn. Too soon the leaves will fall and the snow will come. Then come the long months of winter when I am known to exclaim on a daily basis, "I hate the cold!!"

1 comments:

SavvyGirl

yeah! -- i am definitely trying put pumpkins next year. That is so cool!!

Post a Comment