CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Things that Bug Me

I must be in a particularly irritable mood today. It could be because I never seem to get an uninterrupted night of sleep. It is completely my own fault. My adult children would prefer that I not monitor their comings and goings. Frankly, sometimes I wish that I didn't know what time they arrive home.
Maybe I am cranky because I am just getting old and ornery. Let's hope that is not the case. I do have an eleven year old that I would like not to torture for the next eight years. Regardless of the reason, I am very easily perturbed of late.
Here are some of the things that bug me:

*Women that don't comb the back of their hair.

*The pile of unmated socks on the top of my dryer - I know it is my fault, but seriously how many socks can one household have with no mates?!

*Dirt! If you have been to my house, you would never guess that I hate dirt. Truthfully, once again, it is my own fault that I am surrounded by dirt - soccer cleats, baseball pants, etc. - I have trained my kids to love the dirt.

*The comment, "It's in the back of Dad's car." - How many times do we have to learn this lesson? Dad goes to work everyday. If you leave your "stuff" in his car, you will not have access to it when you need it!!

*The phrase, "Goodnight, Mom." at 4:00 in the morning. Here's a hint, I will always be cranky if you are just telling me goodnight at 4:00 a.m. It is definitely not my best hour!!

*Crumbs on the kitchen counter. I am trying to get the family to adopt the motto, "Leave no trace." (I know, it's a scout thing, but it works for potentially messy people). If you can fix and eat the food, you can clean it up!!

*Unhappy clerks in stores.

*Unnecessary destruction. I can't stand to see things ruined - even if it is in the movies or on TV. I just don't appreciate the "special effects" in life!

*Smooshed pillows on the sofa. I am a compulsive "pillow fluffer."

*DVD's and video games that are not put back in their proper case.

Who would have guessed that I love the phrase, "It's the little things that make a difference." I like to think that I am fairly easy going - perhaps not always! But here's one thing I do know. . . I am very easy to please. So, maybe for Mother's Day you could wipe off a counter, fluff a pillow and say "Goodnight" at 10:00 in my honor!!


1 comments:

SavvyGirl

This is funny Joni! I am sorry to be laughing but I am glad to not be the only one that is bugged when women don't comb the back of their hair. How hard is it it pick up a mirror and check?

I hope you have a happy Mother's Day and that there are some clean countertops and fluffed pillow action going on up there!!! Party of 5, are you reading this, hint hint?

Post a Comment