CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Price of Parenting


It is one of those days when I have "thought" myself into a corner. Too many reflections on parenting and what is best for the kids. I am at the point where I wonder if I really know any more than my 14 year-old?! Here is what I believe...

1. It is important that everyone gives up on their own dreams in their own time and is not compelled to give them up because of imposed limitations.

2. It seems completely ironic to pay for my children to have experiences so they can find out answers that I already know. On a balance sheet, I believe that would be considered an unnecessary expense.

3. It seems even more ironic that I will have to pay for the experience itself, then pay to fix the mistake, and ultimately pay for the solution!! Really, are there any principles of good budgeting in that approach?!!

4. The price of experience is invaluable? I guess it really depends on who is writing the check! I guess we will be getting out the pen once again!

Honestly, there is a great deal to be learned by making your own choices and living with the consequences. Lucky for me, in matters that really count, the choices my children have made have, for the most part, been right. I think that "she who yells loudest" should have the say in things that don't matter! I would definitely win that battle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment