CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Timing is Everything!

"Bad news never has good timing." I've always thought that John Mayer was right. However, of late, I have decided that, while that may be true, the Lord has perfect timing. This past week has been one of sorrow, remembrance and realization. A week ago last Sunday as we sat down to dinner, Haley said that she had seen on Facebook a post that suggested that Lacie had passed away.

Lacie was and is one of the most vibrant, beautiful, mischievous people I know. Twelve plus years ago she was one of the Laurels while I was serving in the Young Women's presidency of our ward. We had a sweet connection that I treasured then and cherish now. She was wild, fun, willing to try anything, and always had a story to tell! There were numerous times that she would be riding shotgun in the car with me on the way to a Young Women's activity and I would be silently praying for guidance about how to respond to her crazy experiences. I loved Lacie. She was everything I never was. She was brave and forthright. She wasn't afraid to say anything. She had no secrets!

Lacie was sealed in the temple when she was only 18. She didn't seem that young to me - she had already experienced so much of life. Her husband, Jace, was a lucky guy - and she was a lucky girl. Jace was good-hearted and sweet. Most of all, he loved Lacie. I will never forget sitting in the sealing room that day and knowing how lucky and blessed they both were.

I got updates on Lacie often from her parents and others in the ward. Through the birth of four darling children, illness, and other difficult times, Lacie just kept going. Within the last year, I connected with her again on Facebook. (On the Facebook page that I vowed I would never have - I suppose everything happens for a reason!) I will forever be grateful for the connection.

After the news of Lacie's passing, I was overcome with sadness. When I served with the young women I loved them. I always thought it was just because of the time we spent together. The past week made me realize how much I really love every one of those girls. They are now mothers and wives. They are living the lives that they only dreamed of when I knew them. But, every time I think them I just love them! There really is no good time for any death; but I suppose that it always comes at just the right time for the individual. Lacie will always be everything I never was, and I am so lucky to have known and loved her!

0 comments:

Post a Comment